Friday, August 5, 2011

I'm glad I live in the mountains

Alright. Tomorrow I'm going on a little day-trip to Glacier National Park. I'm going on a nice scenic hike and bringing my camera (complete with battery and memory card this time). I should have pictures posted sometime Sunday or Monday. Glacier is apparently one of the only places in the lower 48 where grizzlies are seen. I don't have bear spray, so this should be an adventure. Literally.

I'm so excited for tomorrow. I have several possible hikes lined up, based on whether the road is closed or not due to excessive snow and ice. Yes, it is August. Again, I live in the mountains. The pass just opened a couple of weeks ago, and it has been warm here, so most things should be accessible for me.

I promise to take a lot of pictures and post from the hospital if I have an encounter with a bear or mountain lion. Or moose. I might even try to call my mom from the top of a mountain where I can see into Canada. Things like this make missing Minnesota a little easier to take.

-Erika

1 comment:

  1. Minnesota Girl's MomAugust 9, 2011 at 7:40 AM

    No call from the hospital - yeah! Thanks for the sweet text-pic from the mountaintop. Makes me happpy for you instead of missing you.

    ReplyDelete