Monday, August 22, 2011

My adventures with mountain goats

Mountain goats are funny animals.  I met two of them on my hike in Glacier National Park, and they were one of the best parts of my trip.  The goats in Glacier are not very skittish.  They use the paths just like everyone hiking, and they don't care if silly humans are there or not.  They just ignore everything.  


Until you get in front of them with a camera.  This one was chewing on something, not yelling at me for getting in his face.  


He was a bit of a ham.  He really liked having his picture taken, and I was the stupid tourist with a camera who ate it up.


Seriously.  They are the weirdest creatures.  I love the underbite.


And the smirk.  Next time when the ranger says, "Careful, there are mountain goats on the path," I know to be ready with the telephoto lens and watch for slow moving hikers.  This guy caused a bit of a traffic jam.

A little later on the hike (4 miles after the first goat), I met up with his girlfriend, who was eating her dinner.


She was shedding a lot, and it looked like someone sheared her but stopped halfway down her back.  


She clearly cares a lot about how she looks.  I think she just wanted the tasty grass I was standing on.  Silly goat.

Aside from the goats, the hike was amazing.  I have more than just animal pictures, so I'll have a few more posts about the hike.  I finally got my photo editor to work again, so I should be back to a more regular schedule.  I even have the rest of the week's posts planned already!  I'm such an overachiever.  

Loving Montana more every day,
-Erika

P.S.

I thought this picture was hilarious.  You should laugh, too.


Please tell me I'm not the only person who thinks this is witty.

1 comment:

  1. Minnesota Girl's MomAugust 23, 2011 at 9:56 AM

    You're not the only one. Unique hood ornament; great arrow placement; Dodge Ram truck?

    ReplyDelete