Wednesday, June 8, 2011

98 Degrees and Rising

It has been really hot in Rochester lately.  Like, record-shattering highs in the triple digits hot.  Yeah, even hot enough to fry my brain cells into thinking a boy-band related title would be a good idea.  

Our air conditioning wasn't working until yesterday, so we have been living in the basement with the lights off like cave-dwellers who aren't used to sunlight.  So pretty much my normal behavior.  The dogs have been lethargic to say the least.  Sniper found her perfect respite, though.  


It's apparently nice under the tree.  No one could find her for a while, though, and I thought she ran away.  Nope.  She's just crazy.

Even with the ridiculous temperatures this week, our flowers have thrived.  The roses all bloomed.


Our first rosebud appeared on Sunday, right outside of my bedroom window.  I braved the sun in a black shirt for the first rosebud.  I hope it's grateful for its 15 seconds of fame.

The rest of the rosebushes have erupted in thorns and shades of red and pink.  The wind was even kind enough to knock them all down onto the patio so I didn't have to wade through the garden to get some good pictures.  (It has also been crazy windy here) Thanks wind!


I love this picture.  I think I'll tell my mom to keep the roses around.  

Still trying to remember that thorns hurt, 
-Erika

No comments:

Post a Comment