Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Things in my yard

I was going through my pictures from this Spring and I realized that my yard is actually quite interesting.  We have pretty trees, pretty flowers, a lazy dog, a hyper dog, and sometimes really gross dead-things.  Here's a quick overview of my yard from April until today.

We have a couple of plum trees, and this one is my favorite.  You can see it from the kitchen, and sometimes Penny sits under it looking adorable.


She wasn't feeling up to the walk to the front yard when I took the picture, so there is only a pretty tree.  Sorry.

We had daffodils in the gardens, too.


This one reminded me of an egg.  Probably because I hadn't eaten breakfast yet when I took the picture, but whatever.  It's still pretty.

Almost every time I take a picture of Penny she is laying down.  The following two pictures are no exception. Here's some back story about why this is so disturbing, though.  Spencer and I woke up to find the dogs gone.  The gates were closed, but there was apparently a gap in the fence they had crawled through.  After looking for them for about a half an hour, the neighbor said they were behind his shop.  We found the dogs.  They barked at us, because they forgot who we were.  We brought them home and realized they needed a hosing.  They really don't like the hose, but they made it.  Penny went right back to her usual stance of laying wherever the hell she felt like laying.


This meant she dug a little spot for her in the dirt, walked in a couple of circles, and lay down.  Soaking wet.  In loose dirt.


Awesome, Penny.  Really awesome.  She got another hose down after that little incident.

Today, I went to look at the pond.  There was a fish floating in it.  The fish was alive the last time I saw it.


Not so much anymore.  No more fish for us.  Sniper wanted to eat the fish, but Fabian gave it a little fish funeral instead.  Sometimes I just shouldn't ask.

Happy June!
-Erika

No comments:

Post a Comment