Saturday, June 18, 2011

Family Reunion

Last weekend was my first camping outing of the summer.  It didn't get above 65 degrees until we left on Sunday.  There were 25 of us staying at my Uncle Tim's and Aunt Lisa's place.  I'm amazed we didn't burn anything down or destroy anything other than a frisbee.  Seriously, 25 of us.


Yep.  24 in the picture and Aunt Tracey yelling at everyone to look at the camera at the same time.  Unfortunately, we all have horrible timing, so some of us aren't quite paying attention (Baby O, mom).  I don't like being in front of the camera, but I allowed it for a while.  I was a little hesitant about the whole weekend, since there are so many of us and I'm slightly agoraphobic.  It worked out, and I spent the whole weekend in flannel.  It was awesome and smelly.

Oh yeah, there are three 4 year olds and a year-and-a-half old pile of adorable little girl.  It proved to be excellent birth control.  


LittleSpencer, my cousin's son was adorable when we had him play with fabric paints.  We made a shirt for Grandpa Jerry for Father's Day, and LittleSpencer claimed the first handprint.  He wasn't sure what to think of it until my brother taught him to play with the paints on cardboard and get really dirty.  He then proceeded to follow my brother around all weekend, much to Spencer's dismay.

Uncle Tim corralled the four-year-olds and let them drive the old tractor up and down his driveway.  


There's something about the blind leading the blind in here, but I'm fairly certain Little T can see.  He loved driving the tractor and pulling his sister and LittleSpencer around.  


Look at those little faces.  They had so much fun.  Even Little M was having fun.  She usually got left out when Little T and LittleSpencer were doing boy things and she was playing golf.  So adorable. 


The last time I saw these three was last June at my graduation party, and they would not talk to me at all.  Eventually I got Little T to give me a high-five and his sister Little M even told me about her sparkly shoes.  Those twins and LittleSpencer made me realize that I do want kids some day, some very far off day.  Like 10 years from now.  

I'm looking forward to the other family reunion in August, now.  It's going to be another massive group of relatives with small children.  Perhaps I'll be more prepared for this upcoming adventure, but I doubt it.

Avoiding children like the plague for now,
-Erika

No comments:

Post a Comment