Thursday, April 14, 2011

Back in Minnesota

I'm back in Minnesota, and I feel like I've neglected you all.  I apologize.  I'll be more diligent about my posting from now on. 

I went over to mom's new house, and we can finally move in.  No more living in three different places for me. As soon as I got to the house I looked to see if any new flowers were blooming.  The first thing I noticed was the lack of purple lurking under the bushes.  What happened to the crocuses, you ask?  The dogs happened to the crocuses.  Usually the dogs are fine not going in the bushes.  Not so this past weekend, however.  Trixie is clearly a bad influence on my two angels.  


The remnants of the crocuses.  It's a sad fate for pretty flowers.  

We do have some daffodils blooming, though!


They're so vibrant right now with all the brown still in the garden.


Every time I see a daffodil I think of Willy Wonka when he's drinking out of one in the chocolate river room thing where everything is candy.  

Also, there's some weird purple flowers that I have no idea what they are, and no one else does either.


They're fun, but I have no idea where they came from or what they are.  Most of the plants in our gardens are unknown at this point.  We'll find out what they are as they bloom, but it could take a while to figure them all out.

Here's my little devil angel.  She was chewing on a ball she stole from Penny.  She's a funny dog.  I fed her bacon the other day and now she follows me around even more than normal.  I would follow someone around too if they fed me bacon.


Tomorrow I'll show you the finished kitchen.  Minus a kitchen table or chairs or anything like that.  Whatever.
-Erika

No comments:

Post a Comment