Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easter Preparations

For everyone that didn't already know, Easter is this Sunday.  I'm not religious, spiritual, or whatever, so Easter is more about getting together with family for me.  This means I get to make the house pretty and smelling delicious while everyone else is at church in the morning.  Yay!  We've already started putting decorations around the house.  


This bunny is somewhat terrifying and hilarious at the same time.  He (it has a bow-tie, so it is male) squeaks when you squeeze him, and he's three feet tall.  I think this is a little excessive, but we've had him for years.  The dogs think he's a new friend to play with.  I like hitting people with him.  It's win-win for everyone.

For Easter dinner (dinner? brunch? I dunno.) we're not having ham or lamb.  My brother wants steak, so we're eating a lot of beef this weekend.  It's his birthday, so I'll let it pass.  My job for this feast is to bake bread.  I tried out a recipe for Irish soda bread to see if I could actually make something passing for bread.


The final product actually turned out!  It's delicious and perfectly dense.  One tiny loaf is like 2 pounds of bread.  I'm excited.


Penny's job is to look pretty.  She's doing a pretty good job practicing so far, dontcha think?

I wish I had her job.
-Erika

No comments:

Post a Comment