Saturday, April 9, 2011

Wisconsin Wildlife

This weekend I am in Wisconsin, sleeping in my aunt's and uncle's spare room, being attacked by their cat, and annoying their youngest daughter.  I made her go for a walk with me yesterday morning and I took a bunch of pictures.  I'm seriously looking forward to grass and leaves.  All this grey and brown is getting disgusting.

Before I left, though, I went to my mom's house to check out the final touches on the kitchen.  I noticed she had some crocuses that were blooming.  I think there were 5 total, but, hey, it's a splash of color in the middle of all the dead leaves. 


I love stripes on flowers.  They speak to me, or something.

I spotted some more crocuses yesterday morning, too.  They look a lot better when they aren't covered by leaves and dead plants.


Also, don't tell aunt's and uncle's neighbors that I sneaked into their yard to take this picture.

We walked through a park, and I found a tree with mushrooms on it.


Again, I like the stripes.

I found some wildlife in the park.  I'm not sure if it's native to Wisconsin, but I'm fairly certain it is.


My cousin is so camera shy.


Yep, definitely camera shy.


I think her eyes were starting to hurt at this point.


I'm related to her?  Really?  I think something got screwed up somewhere along the line.  But really, I'm surprised they're going to put up with me at all this weekend.  

Lots of love from America's Dairyland,
-Erika

No comments:

Post a Comment