Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fools?

I've been out of the loop for a while.  I apologize.  Clearly everyone needs a daily dose of silly dogs and sometimes not-so-coherent ramblings.  Penny feels for you.  She really does.  


Or she is really tired and the sun is bright.  Turn it off, please.  Don't worry, Penny.  It's cloudy and raining today.

I haven't posted in a couple of days because I haven't really left the house.  I've been busy at work, it has been cold and gross outside, and I was really enjoying my mornings spent on the couch.  It's hard to write when I have zero human interaction.  Clearly I need to get out more.  

My weekend plans include getting out more, but I don't think human interaction will be a major part of my getting out.  I'm going to a nearby state park to go hiking (finally) and take pictures.  My camera has been feeling neglected, and there are really only so many pictures of the squirrels on the deck I can take.  My memory card can only handle 900 or so, and squirrels aren't that exciting.  

In other news, I introduced the dogs to some of the neighbor's cows.  They made the strangest noises I have ever heard.  The dogs, not the cows.  The cows were pretty silent throughout.  I thought maybe Sniper would realize there was a fence and she shouldn't go through it to get to the cows.  Not the case.  She's a sneaky one.  Penny just sat at the edge of the road and whined.  There was some yelling on my part to get the pups to come back, which failed.  At least they smelled something delicious and dead closer to the house, so I could lure them home.  Maybe I'll bring a leash next time, but I'm not sure if I can handle a dislocated shoulder right now.


Clearly I thought this through.  Good job, Erika.

Happy April, folks!
-Erika

No comments:

Post a Comment