Sunday, April 10, 2011

Muddy Dog

I'm still in the Badger State.  They haven't kicked me out yet, which is a good sign.  My cousin and I took her dog to a nature reserve today.  It's named after some guy named Schmeekle (pronounced shmeeklee). 


The drive to the park was fun for the dog.  She got to stick her head out the window and smell things.  And sneeze on me.


You could at least say "excuse me."  Thanks, Xena.  Oh yeah, the dog's name is Xena.  She's a fearless warrior.  Unless she finds herself in water deeper than 4 inches.  Then she hides.


I think she was trying to get a stick out of the puddle.  Everywhere was a puddle today, because of the snow melting and the rain we had last night.  We were soggy.


Xena's chin was soggy too.  Just look at the mug on that mutt.

After we finished our walk we realized Xena probably shouldn't have come with us.


Whoops.  I'd like to note that there was no sign posted at the beginning of the trail.  This was at the end of the trail and we apparently walked it backwards.  Oh well.

Here are some nature-y pictures I took when Xena was being boring.


I almost fell over trying to take this picture.  Ice is slippery.


I like moss.  Don't know why, but I do.


More mushrooms!  They kinda look like coral this time, though.

My trip in Wisconsin is coming to a close.  I might get a chance to post again before they kick me out.  
-Erika

1 comment:

  1. Minnesota Girl's MomApril 11, 2011 at 8:04 AM

    The name of the nature preserve reminds me of School of Rock.

    ReplyDelete