Thursday, April 28, 2011

Different Personalities

We currently have two dogs living at our house.  Occasionally my uncle's dog comes to visit, she visits my blog from time to time as well, but she doesn't live with us.  And I don't think I want her to.  My dogs are perfect without another doggie friend to distract me.

These two dogs have two distinct personalities.  We adopted both from the local animal shelter, Paws and Claws, and we're not totally sure what kind of dogs they are.  I don't care.  

Penny is a wonderfully huge dog with lots of slobber and droop.  She probably has some St. Bernard in her.  Seriously, her paws are as big as my palm.  She's devoted, needy, and lazy.  She has her "spot" at the house.  


That's her spot.  She lays there all day long, watching us inside or watching Sniper run around the yard.  She's usually aloof, and she's camera shy.  The only way I can get her to look at my camera is with a telephoto lens.  She refuses to look at me otherwise.

Sniper, on the other hand, is part Pit-Bull, part whirlwind.  When she's not asleep, she is exploring outside or running around in circles.  Or chewing on things like shoes, slippers, remote controls or Legos.  Clearly things that should not be on the ground when she's in the room.  


That football isn't going to last long.  It's already flat.  The other dog is my uncle's.  She's a good punching bag for Sniper.  Penny won't put up with Sniper's antics for long.

Sometimes Penny moves somewhere else to lay down.


She moved into the yard because the sun was shining and her people were playing frisbee.  She likes to be close to her people.  Spencer likes to spoil her by rubbing her belly.  She's slightly chubby.  

Sniper was actually laying down for a couple minutes, too.


She needed to chew on something, and she can't do that while she's standing up.  She'll be back up when someone throws something else into the yard for her to chase. 

 

There she goes.  Trixie actually got the ball, but Sniper took it away from her.  She's good like that.  

Penny doesn't even move if you stop petting her.  If she's sitting by you, she'll nudge your hand to remind you she's still there, but she won't do much else.


Yes, Spencer, she's a good dog.


So is Sniper.  We can actually pick her up.  Kinda.  She's a licker.

In spite of their clear differences, Sniper and Penny are perfect.  I don't know what I would do if these two weren't so entertaining.  I'll be happy when the rain stops and they're no longer muddy, though.

I'm off to spoil some canines.
-Erika

No comments:

Post a Comment