Monday, March 7, 2011

Destruction and Cold Feet

This weekend was a whirlwind.  Spencer came home for the weekend, Sniper needed to chew on everything, we went to the zoo, and I remembered to hang out with my friends.  The remembering I have friends is difficult for me.  I'm surprised they even put up with me.



Or that they put up with my taking pictures of them making weird faces.  I think she was laughing at something my mom said.  Momma's funny that way.

Since there is nothing to do in Rochester that is free or relatively cheap, I decided to go to the zoo and drag my brother and his friend along.  There's a reason it's free.  It was cold, and I forgot my mittens.  Luckily I didn't forget that snowy shoes are cold, unlike Spencer and Alexa.



I'm so sorry I decided to drag you to the zoo, make you trudge through mud and snow, and document your discomfort.  They could have refused to humor me, but they didn't.  That makes me feel a little better.

When we got home, we discovered that Sniper had destroyed two library books (whoops) and Spencer's camera bag (another whoops).  I now owe the public library two travel guides about Yellowstone country, but I'm keeping the two Sniper ripped the covers off of.

This face:



did this:



That table is generally free of debris, but Spencer brings clutter home with him.  It's a fantastic reminder of how much we'll miss him when he's back at school, which is quite a bit despite his smelly hockey skates.

No comments:

Post a Comment