Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Water Water Everywhere!

It is March 23rd.  It has been raining for four days, and the rain turned to snow early this morning.  Fantastic.  This is unacceptable.  I planned on moving some things from my mom's house to her new house, because I'm a good daughter or something.  I wasn't sure if I should (ok, wanted to) move stuff in the slush.  I'm a klutz and would probably fall down and drop everything several times, but I did it anyway.


This is the view from my car.  Snow, slush, and my windshield wipers were a slightly stuck to the car.  Whoops.


The snow actually is really pretty, when it isn't March and everything is soggy and gross.  Oh yeah, I have a hula-girl on my dash.  She has a hat and a cape now.  


Sniper didn't mind the snow at all.  She followed me in and out of the house on the several trips I made moving things into my car.  



This one, however, was having nothing to do with the snow.  She just looked at me (yeah!  Way to go, Penny!  I didn't even have to make a fool of myself to get you to look at me!) and wondered when I would pet her.  
  

This was not the dresser I moved.  I can't move this dresser by myself, and I wouldn't even if I could.  It is evil.  EVIL.  When I was a senior in high school, this dresser decided I no longer needed a toenail on my big toe.  Yeah.  That kind of evil.  My dad was called home from work, I went to the hospital, saw a podiatrist (because the ER was too busy, we just made an appointment), and learned how to soak my foot properly for 8 weeks.  Oh yeah, this trauma happened about 2 weeks before prom.  I hate this dresser.  And it's ugly.  


This little girl was waiting for me when I got to my mom's new house.  Her name is Trixie, but apparently it should be Houdini.  She's my aunt and uncle's dog, who were over installing the hardwood floor in the living room.  It's looking good!  

On my way home, I noticed that the river was a little higher than it was on my way to my mom's.  A lot higher.  The path I walked on last Friday is now completely under water.  Probably 3 feet of water.  


Here's the river today.  This is not good.


The path is on the left side and is usually visible from the parking lot where I was standing.


Yep.  No more path.  Just water.


This is usually a soccer field.  Now it is part of the river.  I can't imagine how this would look if there was no flood control in Rochester.  

See you after I dry out!
-Erika

1 comment:

  1. Minnesota Girl's MomMarch 24, 2011 at 11:19 AM

    What'd Trixie do to earn the Houdini moniker?

    ReplyDelete