Thursday, March 24, 2011

Swamp Thing

Here's a quick update on the flooding.  


The soccer field is no longer a part of the river, but there is still standing water on it.  


The little island is visible now.  Yesterday only the trees were above water.  The bike path is visible now, too, but the river is right at its edge.  

Other than the river, my day has been full of canines and coffee.  I'm slowly acclimating myself to dark roast coffee instead of super sugary things that make me twitch, like lattes.  Enough about coffee, though.  I like puppies more.


This dog is hilarious.  Trixie can't sit still.  I had to bribe her with a stick to make her stay in one spot long enough to take a non-blurry picture of her.  I have a lot of pictures of her tail and the back of her head.  I think she has something wrong with her jowls, too.  

After my encounter with Trixie I went to my mom's to let the dogs out.  Her backyard is a swamp.


This is actually her yard.  It's covered in leaves, water, mud, snow, ice, and who knows what else.  It's kinda smelly, and I can't wait for the ducks to move in.  Yes, I let the dogs run around in this mess and then let them back in the house.  Sometimes I'm a horrible daughter.  I'll make it up to her sometime in April.


Penny actually had some energy today.  I got the dogs riled up so they would actually go outside instead of looking at me with a "you've got to be kidding me" look.  The only way to get them to go outside is to mention squirrels or rabbits.  I forgot that this usually leads to the dogs staring at the tree for like 10 minutes before they figure out that there are no squirrels and rabbits can't climb trees.  


Sniper thinks she can climb trees though.  I think she could if the tree wasn't so huge.  She's ridiculous.  

I got cold watching them, so I told them to get back inside.  Usually they jump up on the couch to take a nap. Not today.  Today they decided to be UFC fighters.  


Both of them started it, too.  Usually it's Sniper biting Penny's feet until Penny decides to put the hurt on her.


They're having fun, and I had nothing to do with this.  I did have to curl up in my chair so they wouldn't knock me over, though.


They still ran in to the chair.  No collateral damage occurred, but I do have fur all over me now.

After they settled down, Penny couldn't get close enough to me.  However, she still wouldn't look at me.  She's clearly judging me for making weird noises to get her to turn around.  Whatever, dog.  


Oh, wait.


She is looking at me.  Except I was petting her.  That's when she loves me.  The rest of the time she is aloof.  And I shouldn't take pictures with my left hand.  It doesn't work well.  


This one is a little better.  I love this dog.


This one, too, if she weren't looking at me like I'm dinner.  Yes, this is a half a second before she pounced on me.  She also doesn't sit still at all.  

Happy Soggy Spring!
-Erika

No comments:

Post a Comment