Monday, March 14, 2011

Weekend Recap

First off, felix ides martius comites! (Happy Ides of March everyone, for those who aren't awesome nerds.)  This weekend was super busy.  My grandparents came home, my brother came back for Spring Break, my mom got the counter tops installed, I went to the Science Museum of Minnesota, and I figured out what was wrong with my car (a weird battery cable, nothing major.)

Friday morning, Grandma and I picked up Grandpa's truck.  He was working on my car.  She suggested we go pick it up so I could go to work (I wasn't so keen on that idea, but whatever).  He said he would go get it when he was done.  Not five minutes later, he comes back inside and says, "You guys want to go get the truck?  I think that's a good idea."  This is the world I live in.  This is why Grandma always looks somewhat exasperated.  


We stopped by mom's new house and checked out her new counter tops.  They're pretty.  Roger was there too.  He was installing the tile.  I'm getting excited to move in!  Oh yeah, mom likes to wear flannel.  


Roger put the tops on the cupboards, too.  I like it.  They're backlit!


Spencer came home and immediately started spoiling the dogs.  She's sweet for about five minutes when he's here.  And gross, but that never changes.


This was probably two minutes later when Spencer decided to shake things up a bit.  He was clearly not ready for the consequences. 


She didn't stop with Spencer.  Poor, innocent Penny was her next target.


Luckily Penny can hold her own.


I went to St. Paul on Sunday to visit my old roommate.  We went to the Science Museum, because I wanted to see the mummy exhibit and listen to Harrison Ford's narration (I think he was channeling Indiana Jones).  In college, Minda and I lived on the same floor and our RA gave us all dinosaur names.  Mine was Erikatrodon (yeah, try to pronounce that mess).  Hers was Mindatops.  

It's a Mindatops!


We went to dinner and got margaritas that had far too much salt on them.  We were still very happy with them.  Yea!


Happy almost-Spring!
-Erika

P.S. This was another highlight of the weekend.  Surly Brewing Co. Furious Beer.  It's fabulous and makes cooking dinner that much more fun.  

2 comments:

  1. Minnesota Girl's MomMarch 15, 2011 at 12:19 PM

    There better be NO comments about how much I look like Grandma. Got it?

    ReplyDelete